Letters to July//Day 4

Dear July,
Today is my best friend's birthday, so before I start this conversation between you and I, i just want to shout something into the oblivion. Mama, I love you more than life itself, and I hope your birthday is as beautiful and kind as you are. Truly. I will love you forever and always. Now back to us July. Today, other than being my mother's birthday, it's also the birthday of the states. It's independence day. Every year as I slowly start to learn more about the country that I live in, past the many bumps along the many years from far before I came to existence,I find so many things that bring me pride and expand my patriotism just a little bit further. This year my pride lies in this country's love. Today is no longer just fireworks painting the darks skies that I used to see as an entranced child, it's so much more.
Love,       
Ankita      

Comments

Popular Posts