Love Actually














The thing with relationships is that you will have numerous ones over the coarse of a lifetime. All these relationships (at least the ones that count), whether created through whispers in the back of the classroom or genetics, have one underlying common factor : LOVE.


I think when the word love comes into play, it seems the predominant idea is lead to dreams about the kind between people like Romeo and Juliet or something along the lines of any Nicolas Sparks novel.

It seems that the most important underlying love is forgotten, friendship. I've dealt with a lot of different kinds of friendship over the span my short life; some lasting years while other create and deteriorate like moldy cheese that has gone past that last best by date. The complex idea about friendship that intrigues me the most is how fast they develop. One of my best friends, I've only known for a year and a half yet I feel as though I've known her in another life, while another I've known my entire life, and I feel the exact same way. The Law of Attraction states the belief that people and their thoughts are made from "pure energy" and the belief that like energy attracts like energy. I remember when I was in elementary school I felt as though a true friendship and its validity was based upon the number of years you had known a person, now I know that is not the case. There are people I walk by everyday to class and despite knowing each other for years, we never utter a word to one another. We don't even share a glance.  Some friendships are like sweaters that grow as you grow, while others are outgrown and out of taste in a blink of an eye. When does the energy disperse? Is it just parting thoughts that leads to the parting of ways? In some ways, you can argue that a parting of friendship is so much more impactful that a breakup. My very scientific and factual conclusion to all of this is friendship is weird.

Even Benedict Cumberbatch agrees with me


Xoxo,
Ankita

Comments

Popular Posts