Waking up on the wrong side of the bed and other daily struggles

            At times sleeping is absolutely magical. It goes by in a matter of seconds, and when the sun finally rises from the east to the backdrop of the slight chill of morning air and collective chirps of the gathering birds situated throughout the treetops, you feel infinite. You feel as though you can conquer the world. Your face all smiles and hair as if you walked right out of a fairytale. This morning was not one of those mornings. Sleeping was the opposite of magical. It was absolutely dreadful. It took hours to fall into a slumber and the morning started off on a slightly wrong foot. The birds were not chirping, they were screeching instead. The air was hot and stuffy, and my hair was definitely out of the witch's part of the fairytale; knotty and far from redemption. One no spell could fix. Maybe it was the way I was twisted up like a pretzel or the slight angle that my back shifted from its normal position, but sleep was an evil curse. I woke up late for a day where I had to leave the house by ten and my back, well lets just say, I slept on the wrong side of the bed. I have never fell so sore after literally doing absolutely nothing grueling except sleeping. Maybe it was the late hours of the night or the constant thoughts about things I had left downstairs that I somehow really needed for my eight hour nap that everyone else in my home had entered while I was still pondering the idea of it.  I'm complaining. I try to make a habit of not complaining. I do have a bed and soft sheets that wrap me up in warm hugs every night. I really shouldn't be complaining, but the knot in my back is still there teasing my every movement. Waiting for me to arch my back or move at the slightest, so that I can feel pricks going down my back. There really was no point to this ramble. If you've made it this far, I really do commend you.

XOXO,
Ankita

Comments

Popular Posts