Letters to July // Day 5

Dear July,
I'm leaving soon. My hangers sit in my closet bare. My dresser looks as though it has fought a hare. And my room,let's just not go there. Traveling is a very complicated thing for me. I love to leave. I love to get out of the suburb of the city that I live in to go to a place less familiar, less memorized. I get tired of seeing the same streets and the same places. I just want to see new faces with less traces of the already seen. The idea of all these things makes me want to get out whenever I have the chance, but when I leave I feel lost. Without the familiarity, that I know I'll see;the feeling of uncertainty when I see nothing that I know, it seems to take over. When I fly from one home to another across the seas I don't feel settled 'til I see a face that I love and know. Having family across the world is hard. It's as though your heart is broken in two; one in the states and one in my grandparents house in the busy streets of India. Until I go there, to their little house, I don't feel ready to face the rest of my family and the buzz of the streets and pounding of the heavy rain. I can feel it July. When you follow me there, you'll bring thunderstorms like no other; rain pounding against the muddy streets. We'll spend the free moments sitting by the window feeling the rain blow into our faces; the humidity creating the sweat at our brow and the rain washing it off. I can't wait July. I can't wait for the trains and the buses and the rickshaws. Let's see where the bumpy roads take us.

Love,
Ankita

Comments

Popular Posts