India : I'm a preschooler

So, I went to India. So I thought that I would create a little series to show you everything that I did. I hope you enjoy it .

For a really long my family has been donating to a state run preschool, and I've been visiting it since they started, which was when I was in second grade. It is so crazy and incredible to see how much farther this preschool has gone since the first time I saw it. They used to not have anything, really. When we started they didn't a good enough pot to keep rice in for the children to prevent mice from getting in and contaminating the food that was supposed be their midday meal. They didn't have enough funding for food itself or even classroom furniture.And yet,they were still teaching their children as best they could with a passion that was undeniable and love that every teacher that every teacher should have. Now they have wooden benches and more food than they could ever use. The teachers there are the same as the beginning, and it's so amazing to see that they still have the gratitude and friendly demeanor.Still, they show their children the same love, they still teach passion. There are different children now than there were last time I came, obviously. But these children the same beauty in their faces and the big bright eyes, that I can't stop looking at. Their faces have this innocence and curiosity brighten a room. When walked I walked in with a camera, their eyes were filled with a wonder of what the heck I was holding, and when they saw their reflection in the flip screen ,their faces glowed and could light up a village when electricity went out. I think my heart grew three times with love from just watching them. It is such an amazing feeling when you see children learning and growing and being happy about it. They didn't phones or video games. Instead, they had books and toys and were nothing but children. They weren't too grown up. They were innocent and smart and curious and beautiful. I hope you know children like this, and I hope you support them. I hope you encourage them to follow their dream, and I hope that their imagination never dies. I hope it lives on like it is right now.






























XOXO,
Ankita

Comments

Popular Posts