My Week of Sorts

Lists

My mind is a big black hole of information. Sometimes there's so much that I seem to forget all the little everyday things in front of my nose. I could tell you the refugee policy for Serbia or how I feel about the candidates that are planning on running for president, but I couldn't tell you  where my wallet is or that really important slip of crumpled paper that I was supposed to keep safe but instead has ended up in a pocket of one of my jeans that are laying in a pile in the corner of my bedroom. And so I have been writing lists; lengthy, meaty lists full of step to step instructions and things I should be doing but will probably never cross off. There is something about physically writing things down that helps etch things into my brain, or at least make me feel as though these actions are being written in my brain like dust collecting history books but for my future. 


Smoothie Bowls

I'd like to call myself a self-proclaimed food enthusiast. Sweet or salty, spicy or sour, more likely than not; I'll love it. I tend to go through phases of foods that I absolutely love. Spend a month or two just consuming one sort of delicious entity. In the fall it was rice noodles, in the winter it was soup, in the spring it was bananas, and now that summer has arrived; my latest obsession is the trendy yet delicious smoothie bowl. I have smoothie bowls every morning for breakfast, and if i'm up for it dinner too :)I absolutely love them because they keep you full for hours and you're feeling yourself up with amazing things that are good for you.


My take
1 banana
5-7 frozen strawberries
a 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of either nonfat plain homemade yogurt or almond milk
(if you add pineapple, it taste delicious too. I just don't have any at the moment)
then blend!!!

After that pour it out in a bowl and top it off with goodness. I like to put granola, a couple cut up strawberries, whatever berries are in the fridge, pears, peanut butter, and a drizzle of honey. It's completely customizable, so I basically put whatever I can find in the fridge.

Music

Music speaks to the soul. It's words that are heard in the wind and through mere glances and tensions between people that can never be said or expressed well through plain conversations. Summer has always been the season that I find new musicians that capture my attention that I haven't realized have been there all along. I've found some ridiculously talented people and am always up for even more to add to my collection. Here's a list of my faves.

"June Gloom So Soon?" Recovery Tracks

1. "Bleeding Heart" - Five Needle EP - Wynter Gordon
2."Higher" - Five Needle EP -Wynter Gordon
3. "Up 2 U" - Talking is Hard- Walk the Moon
4."Waiting"- Calling Me EP- Aquilo
5."Avalanche" - Talking is Hard EP- Walk the Moon
6. "You Should've Known" - Goddess - BANKS
7. "You really got a hold on me" - Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
8. "Portugal" - Talking is Hard - Walk the Moon
9. "Car Radio"- Vessel- Twenty One Pilots
10. "House of Gold" - Vessel- Twenty One Pilots
11. "Boardwalks"- Little May - Little May
12."Cherry Wine"(Live)- Hozier- Hozier
13. "Wild Ones" - Wild Ones- Bahari
14. "Heart Starts" - Last of the Great Pretenders- Matt Nathanson
15. "Poison and Wine" - Barton Hollow- The Civil Wars
16. "Montezuma"- Helplessness Blues - Fleet Foxes
17. "Beat of My Drum" - Powers
18. "Dreams"- Prologue EP - Life of Dillon

Style

I'm a sucker for clothes and dainty pieces of jewelry. I love my blacks, whites, and grays. Currently my "uniform" has been cuffed jeans, a plain tee, some comfy sandals, a billion rings, and a dainty necklace. My hair was the resident bun that has just been chopped off thanks to my Pinterest hair board and my mom's persuasion. I've been bare faced, and the absolute farthest I'll go is mascara.

Nature

Every once in a while, it's important to take a step back from the cluttered mess of a life we are all running. Take the exit off the busy freeway and make a turn to the deserted roads of your mind and surroundings. It's so vital to your sanity to take a moment to breathe and take in God's creation that we have taken for granted. We live in a concrete framework of cardboard buildings, which although are very beautiful and created to sustain the terrors of every natural disaster thanks to architects and civil engineers; they are also enclosing from the world that surrounds us. Take a step back; take an hour or a day or a week.Take all the time you are able to. See all the life that surrounds you.



Comments

Popular Posts