Time

5457

the number of days that i've spent 
breathing

when it's written out, it feels so little. So minor. The four numbers combined; I feel like I could hold it in my hand
The amount of days I've spent is a fraction to the old and an addition to the young

the clock keeps ticking
never stopping
never slowing

every second I get older
as I type my fingers slowly age without my acknowledgement
without my concern because I have so many more days to face, to see, to live
or at least that is my hope


time is such a funny thing 
you never know when it will stop
when it will cease to exist 
and
affect
the living and the dead

even in graves they get older too
break down
wear away
become wisps of dust making its way up our fingertips 
and
dance across our skin
until all that's left is bones
in the cold metal tombs.


a.s.b

Comments

Popular Posts