Crumpled Skin & Hollow Bones

I was born with crumpled skin and hollow bones. 
As the day darkens and the sun disappears, the glow in my skin fades. It becomes a blank mural waiting to be painted once more; there is nothing left to see and nothing left to be. My hollows bones fall under the pressure; the pressure of the sky and the stares and thoughts that were meant for a laugh. They fall one by one until there is a pile brushed to the corner waiting for something to piece them back together. All that's left are my heart and my eye that stare past the tall walls that I have built to look past at the world that glitters in the distance that seems to out of grasp for my slippery fingertips. And every night when the pieces fall apart, they force me to build back my bones and smooth out my skin and build back the glow to show the world once more.

a.s.b

Comments

Popular Posts